HITLAB | New York | January 2016 – Present
Director of Information Technology and Product Development
- Oversaw the installation of fiber Internet for HITLAB and several other building occupants.
- Led the design and managed a mobile app development project for a socially minded consumer products and technology company.
- Managed the design of a whole patient health (“beyond the pill”) platform for a Global Pharmaceutical Company that included building a detailed business case, business model, value proposition and co-designing the platform with the customer.
- Primary lead on a digital health audit project for a Global Pharmaceutical Company in support of a larger Digital Health Strategy effort. The resulting report detailed the discovered capabilities along with a set of actionable insights and recommendations.
- Managed the HITLAB strategic planning process including running visioning and missioning workshops, discovering HITLAB’s core values and ideology.
Harlem RBI | New York | September 2013 – December 2015
Director of Information Technology
- Managed the IT infrastructure fit out of a new 65,000 sq. ft. space dedicated to the operations K-8 Charter School and the non-profit’s administrative operations.
- Upgraded the legacy IT network from a flat network topology to a segmented network separating data, wireless and voice traffic to improve overall service quality.
- Moved the organization to Box, a cloud storage platform along with the single sign-on service Okta.
- Created an IT governance model to properly document various IT standards, policies, process and procedures.
Regenstrief Institute | Indianapolis, Indiana | June 2010 – August 2013
Senior Manager, Global Information Technology
- Led the implementation of a Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) connecting 20 different sites across Western Kenya to support the efficient transfer of health data between sites.
- Oversaw an upgrade of the core network at the health facilities main location in Eldoret, Kenya and remote sites.
- Managed the implementation of a Virtual Server infrastructure that included a Xen Enterprise cluster, iSCSI SAN, and HP network hardware
- Mentored local management and staff on improving overall IT operations
- Developed the first IT strategic plan for the Kenyan IT group
- Designed and implemented of an Information Security Management System
- Designed the IT architecture for a new ERP implementation.
Columbia University | New York | September 2003 – June 2010
Department of Biomedical Informatics
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operation and oversight of all computing for the Department of Biomedical Informatics.
- Re-engineered the department’s computing infrastructure to improve efficiency and lower maintenance and support costs associated with academic, research and clinical development projects.
- Spearheaded a cost-recovery system to fund the IT support group.
- Centralized the core systems procurement process to standardize desktop and mobile platforms.
- Created department policies and procedures governing the security of protected health information (PHI) and personal information (PI) data.
MS, Technology Management | 2009
Columbia University | New York City, NY
BS, Social Sciences | 1993
California State Polytechnic University | San Luis Obispo, CA
IT Operations Management
Information Security Management
Agile Kanban and Scrum
Atlassian Jira Confluence
Stories on Board
Amazon Web Services
Linux (RedHat, CentOS)
Windows Server 2008, 2012
Science and things nerdy
To learn more about my work experiences, please take a look at the Project Highlights